Always wanted to use iPad Apps on your laptop in a DAW ?
You just need the USB-MIDI-Interface iConnectivity iConnectMIDI 2+.
The special extra is: it provides Audio PassThrough. that means you can digitally send the audio from an iPad into your DAW on a computer – directly!
Here’s a short guide through what you need to do:
I’m working with Mac’s only – so, this explanation is for Apple-user
1) Plug in the iPad into the first USB-port.
2) Plug in the computer into the other USB-port.
The computer will immediately recognize the iConnect MIDI.
3) Create a new so-called “aggregate device” in the Audio Midi Setup-Application (Utilities -> Audio MIDI Setup) and click iConnect MIDI & Built in Output
4) Use this audio interface as Input in your DAW:
- create an audio track and choose the stereo input from the iPad
- create a midi track and assign MIDI Out to iConnectMIDI 2+
- plugin a masterkeyboard or controller to you computer via USB
5) Route the MIDI-signal to the iPad app provided by iConnectivity.
It’s an simple to use and self-explaining “Port Routing” app.
I’ve already used the first generation of iConnect and was fairly impressed by both build quality and features. Great support team. And the price is ridiculously low!
- iConnect MIDI2+